Community Interest Companies
are a new type of company established to trade for the community good. there are two main things that distinguish a CIC from a normal company:
1. The Asset lock: The assets and profits must be permanently retained within the company and used only for the community benefit or transferred to another company or organisation with an asset lock.
2. A Community Interest Statement must be prepared, certifying that the company is formed to serve the community rather than for profit. It also has to describe the activities the company intends to engage in to benefit the community. This may not include any political party or activities.
CIC's can be registered as private company limited by shares, a company limited by guarantee, or a public limited company. They cannot currently be registered electronically, but if you would like to register a CIC or would like more information please call us on 01883 625077
£127.50 including VAT and postage
- The original incorporation certificate
- 8 bound copies of the Memorandum & Articles of Association
- 1 Boxed, Loose leaf Company Register which includes Share or Membership Certificates.
- Appointment forms for the Directors and Secretary if needed.
once you have received your company, feel free to call us if you have any questions about the paperwork.
Terms and Conditions